Thanks for the posting tips Camille, as I couldn't figure out how to post only comment.
Weighed in tonight and lost 3 lbs (celebrate), however, I am at 174 (ugh). My goal is when I see my family I will be at 160 lbs. I think this is realistic as I'm told I should expect to lose 1/2 lb to 2 lbs per week. I need help and some tough love.
In reflection, I've put on 35 lbs in the past 4 years. Stress, too much work, not enough focus on myself, etc. The upside and tradeoff is I've been able to support myself and family and pay Hayley's college expenses for 2 years. I've got to figure out a balance. Any suggestions????
You're starting to and that's the key...you've made the step toward your goal. You did what you needed to do to take care of your children oftentimes that is at the expense of ourselves. When we realize that only by taking care of ourselves will we be able to be truly present for ourselves and our kids. Finding balance in our lives is the journey. My only suggestion is to keep on taking your steps forward...if you should falter, all is not lost, you just begin again. And, remember this "Mission Possible" is behind you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKimmie--Congratulations! 3 pounds is amazing, and as I've said before--getting on the scale and being "the same" or "down" is huge success. Look how many years it took to put on the unwanted numbers. I'm so behind all of us. It's hard work. I just grudgingly ate oatmeal with blueberries/strawberries. And, it actually was good. I couldn't understand why I was somewhat constipated until I realized I had been eating bananas, some rice and apples. What an idiot. Almost the BRAT diet!
ReplyDeleteOn to the harder stuff. Making it all happen for Hayley and Michael is no small accomplishment. You should be more than proud of the mother that you are. You would be the first one to say "put yourself at the top of the list". You probably need to start small. Perhaps by reading the page-turner book. I could recommend a few!
ReplyDeleteCamille, Thanks for the encouragement.
ReplyDeleteOn to foods..... Why eat something you don't like even if it's good for you. Oatmeal mush.
Total + blubs or strawbs is fantastic wo milk. Lots of crunch, flavor and filling too.
I am so constipated I can't stand it. Waiting for my body to catch up.