Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OBSERVATIONS
1. Our blog is helping all of us stay steady.
2. Eating healthy, whether vegan or not, means more fresh fruits and vegetables which means more work. That's not a complaint, though. So far, cutting up salad vegetables in advance is really working for me. (The price of a single cucumber shocked me yesterday) I look forward to salads again. And have re-found arugula.
3. In school we all learned about homo sapiens discovering the first tool--a breakthrough of massive proportions. That's how I feel now about the lowly measuring cup--the 1-cup measuring cup. It's brought some longed-for sanity to my eating. One cup of my cranberry-rice, say, in a bowl. Not as much rice as I can pile into a bowl or, worse, eating it straight out of a Tupperware container, the only limit being however much is there. With a 1-cup serving, the temptation to go back for a second exists but, so far, the pause after finishing a single-cup serving helps to assuage the pull toward another.
4. I guess 1 cup of peanuts at a time is out, right? (Yesterday, I also bought a jar of dry-roasted peanuts--not going to be doing that again for a while).
5. Last night the most beautiful, ample apple pie you've ever seen was sitting on the serving counter at my AA sponsor's house. I didn't have a piece but had to leave the room.
Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment