MY OTHER NON-SCALE "WEIGHS"
In addition to monitoring the state of my hip bones,the size of my waist and belly rolls,and the fit of my pants, I failed to mention my two other tried-and-true ways of scanning for hoped-for weight loss. The first: full-body naked front-and-back mirror assessment, the least pleasant means, not simply because of what I'm seeing reflected back to me, but because of knowing that being thinner cannot reverse the effects of time. Know what I mean? The second means of measuring that I haven't mentioned yet is unique to me on our team. Having had a mastectomy with reconstruction, my "new" breast is unable to gain weight. Strange but true. My "real" breast, on the other hand, can and does gain weight. Therefore, when I'm cooperating with the "me" that wants to return to a leaner state,and that's eating more wisely to accomplish that desire,I watch vigilantly for when my larger left side begins again to match the smaller right.
You wanted to know all that, right?
Note to Col: I am grateful for the body I have, the strong legs that take me places, all five senses that work, the heart that still beats. True, though, that wanting to be thinner is part good self-care and part wanting to look good.
No comments:
Post a Comment