WE ARE NOT ALONE
In the popcorn aisle in Von's this morning, I met woman already studying the shelves. "So many choices," I said to her. "My sister tells me to get the 94% fat-free kind."
"Oh, that's right here!" she said.
Was I ever grateful--all those "butter" and "fake butter" and "palm oil" popcorns gross me out, plus for sure they aren't the ones Kim recommends.
"Weight Watchers approves of this," she added, pointing out the WW seal of approval on the box.
"My sister just joined WW!"
"Me too!"she said. Kim, I think she was ready to look you up in a Santa Monica meeting but I told her you were in Boston.
I wondered aloud about the "egg and milk" ingredients listed on the Jolly Time popcorn box. With her smart phone she scanned the bar code on the box and her WW app immediately displayed the WW points etc on the phone's small screen. (Although I still didn't find out about the egg and milk.) AMAZING! We each took a box off the shelf and then she said, "Oh give me another one, would you?"
Cut to: Back home, I hold the elevator for a delivery man who's clearly delivering food to someone on the first floor. "Takeout, huh?" "Not exactly, a snack for mid-day." "Oh, it's an eating program?" "Yeah, they get 3 meals a day delivered."
It takes what it takes.
What are the latest statistics? 60% obesity in the USA and counting?
Last thought: Why am a shopping for popcorn? Looking for another fix?
Last thought: Why am a shopping for popcorn? Looking for another fix?
No comments:
Post a Comment