Sunday, June 3, 2012

APROPOS BURGERS - APROPOS BEEF

No one, absolutely no one on Earth, has loved burgers-- charcoaled only -- more than I have. Burgers and fries are the most frequently asked for "last meal" for prisoners on death row. That said, having recently been persuaded that a plant-based diet is the way to go -- for my own body and for the environmental health of the planet -- my burger passion dramatically dropped. Not gone, but almost. All you have to do is read about beef - what it does to the human body and what it does to the planet - to reconsider. I'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. You're right of course...do I dare try a black bean burger???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not ready to go over to the dark side. We all know there are better choices than beef, but is one or two times per week really that bad?

    ReplyDelete