I ASK MYSELF
As returning to my slimmest self seems not a whole lot closer than a month ago -- in other words, as I experience this morning that standing-still feeling -- I ask myself whether all the fleeting moments of pleasure in cakes, pies, cookies, pints of frozen yogurt and bread, of course, were worth it. No! One puny minute of euphoria eating a cookie versus 1,940 ponderous minutes (a day's worth) of undereating to make up for that cookie? I don't think so. May I acquire a new habit -- the ability to think through the outcome of eating bags, boxes, and plates of sweets et al.
PS: About returning to my so-called slimmest self: I haven't consciously made that a goal, nor will I. It would be an outstanding outcome, but I know myself. I have to diet "easy." One 1,940-minute day at a time.
I'm starting to see strength-training in my future. Yes, great, I say to myself, but remember your intention to begin cardio workouts?
No comments:
Post a Comment