COMMENT TO L'S COMMENTS
1. Yeah, lack of variety and choices.
(Kim wrote about this "danger" way back when but I, too, felt creative at the start and thought I was alert and out ahead of this pitfall. But, alas, here it is. Of course.)
I ended up having popcorn last night too. The hunger abated, but not completely. So, big surprise, I need to mix it up and add new and different things to eat; I think I also need more whole-grains. I've been limiting them because of being in a weight-loss mode. Intuitively, I expect my hunger solutions lie in eating more whole-grains and beans, separate or together, and in beginning to use spices and herbs in a way I haven't before. I've been talking about learning to cook with spices, especially Indian spices, for almost a year -- or longer. But the operative word here is "cooking." Fantastic new tastes won't magically appear. I have to cook. Dr. Andrew Weil: "We need to get back in the kitchen and away from processed and fast foods."
2. Florida. And here I've been wishing I were going with you two wild things! But: "Walking, Biking, Kayaking, Golfing, Snorkeling, Swimming?" Are you kidding? I'll be in my rocker on the porch.
Love,
Your older sister Mignon
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete