CHECKING IN
Hi, all, I'm encountering that lack of wind on a dead calm sea of trying to do the right thing for my body and being. To stave off intense, repeated urges to "cave" -- i.e., driving directly past "Go" to the store and buying a pumpkin pie to eat in its entirety, i.e., giving up the whole enterprise of trimming down, drinking water, resuming cardio -- I have, instead, over the past few days overeaten peanuts, then almonds, and yesterday a full bag of peanut butter-filled pretzels. Wasn't going to confess to that last one, but here I am doing it.
I'm making this way too serious, aren't I? I mean it's not like I've committed a murder! It's some nuts and peanut butter-filled pretzels, for goddess sake.
So I guess I'm hewing wood and carrying water. Just needed to check in with that.
AFTERTHOUGHT:
Self-diagnosis -- pushing too hard, mentally.
Solution -- ease up a notch.
You are too hard on yourself and clearly you are feeling deprived. If you are craving a piece of pumpkin pie, go somewhere where you can buy and have 1 slice.
ReplyDeleteThen forgive yourself and start all over again. I am finding lack of choices. I was a little more creative in the beginning. I had popcorn last night because I felt so hungry. Don't know why.
ReplyDelete