LESS WEIGHT, MORE TRUTH
As I wrote eons ago, I check the side view of my body -- probably too frequently -- to watch, ever-hopefully, for less belly or, to be accurate, bellies, plural, since I have two. (Checking sans clothes always.) Now I seem to have added studying the full frontal view, my waist in particular -- the swells of love handles. You know how semi-conscious instincts sometimes lead you toward discovery? Just in the past few days, I've found myself -- instinctively -- lifting my breasts -- high! -- and voila! My younger waist returns AND my two bellies flatten as well, flatten a lot.
What does this tell me? It's not exactly a happy conclusion. It tells me that my thickening waist, etc. is not necessarily due to genes or gaining unwanted weight. It's perhaps, fundamentally, after the unwanted weight is lost, due to GRAVITY! Gravity, one of the inexorable laws of the universe for which there is no escape. Building and toning abdominal muscles has to help with this. (More work to do should I choose to.) I just hadn't quite put it together that the body "drops" with age. No matter what you do. Nobody ever told us this, did they???
No comments:
Post a Comment