Sunday, October 28, 2012

                                         


SISTERS CHECKPOINT #2 

                 NOTE: This blog entry written from the
        other coast where it's 80-degrees & sunny
        today feels a bit ridiculous as the  
        storm-of-all-storms is about to rain 
        down on you and as Camille & Leslie have
        have had to evacuate. So, bloggers, you 
        may skip today's reading. Make-up reading 
        optional. 
                               Yours,
                               The Professor



On this dark and sunny deadline morning, I managed 20 modified push-ups! I made my goal! Just. Huzzah!

Clothes that I wore around climbing-Mt-Whitney time are fitting me again.

I continue to drink a minimum of 4 8-oz glasses of water a day. My Zerowater filter has been a fantastic purchase for me. In the past 2 months, I don't think I've had a single Diet Coke, or any sweetened drink, including the artificially sweetened.

I have a NutriBullet juice or smoothie daily -- alternating green drinks with high-protein smoothies made with fresh strawberries. 

Negligible pasta, negligible bread, even whole-grain breads.

I continue to have a morning cup of fresh-brewed green tea and, sometimes in the afternoon or evening, green tea with pomegranate or mango.

I continue yoga.

I continue with my skin, body, and dental care routines.


MY GOALS GOING FORWARD:
Continue all of the above.
Strengthen my modified push-up form; maintain 20, but add 2 more sets, even if I can only do a few reps per set.

Recommit to the 1-cup measuring cup tool.

Recommit to minimal sugar, or to put it positively, recommit to optimal nutrition in all things.

Walk. My blistered heels healed slowly, but it's time to put my great, new walking shoes on again.

Bike. Get on my high-tech exercise bike, get on my Bianchi, a hybrid road/dirt bike, and ride!

I will not, not, not yell at myself for how slowly it's taken me to recommence cardio.



NEXT CHECKPOINT

December 31, the last day of the year, is my proposed date for our next deadline. Leslie said yes. Camille, Colleen, Kim? Personally, our deadlines have kept me on my preferred path. So I very much need a new one.

New name? 
The Lighter Versions; Slim Sunny Cafe, Sunny Slim Cafe,    Seaside Slim Cafe, Slim Shiny Seaside Cafe; Physiques-in-Progress? Hell, I don't know. If enough of us give suggestions, we're bound to land on something.


No comments:

Post a Comment