COMMENT TO LESLIE
About fatigue: I've felt fatigue for years now. Oddly, since I've switched to a plant-based diet, I feel that same fatigue, but seem to have the energy to get a lot more done in a day. Less putting things off. For me, I think the chronic tiredness has something to do with living alone, the stress of worry and anxiety, and the tendency to push too hard no matter what I'm doing. And then, of course, there's the age factor, which I like to think I'm minimizing and will minimize much more once I resume regular cardio exercise.
Postscript: When I eliminate sweets from my diet, I barely feel any difference physically or mentally. Have no idea why not. But in the beginning of my giving up dairy (80% or so), one day I realized I felt lighter. I can't say for certain it was because of abandoning dairy, but that's my strong suspicion. I'm about 90% dairy free now and it's feeling really good.
Post-Postscript: There are a number of Olympic and professional athletes who are vegan.
I totally believe in the prayer keep me free of anxiety. It's hard for me too as I have fears. I honestly feel that in my younger days and I'm talking late 20's, 30's, my decisions were all fear based. But, I now try to keep that fear at bay. It exists and it's real. But, I continually try to recognize it. You really can't control much. I know things work out but that's what I call my faith.
ReplyDeleteI pretty much have given up my cheese habit. Still sprinkle fresh parm. I'm not eliminating anything 100 %. But, I know that has had a huge influence on my weight loss.
I've never been a milk drinker after all of my surgeries for the kidney.
I hope what I realized from my vacation is although I am super busy, I am going to try to not rush. I too follow things to the end. Okay maybe not as much as you. And, I bought aspic shoes today (sp?) from your research. I don't know if they are exact but they have the gel are comfortable. So, I thank you for your research.
All I know from all of this is you are way too hard on yourself. And, if you slip or decide to have a cookie it's okay. Just get back on your program. And, if you don't want to live alone, put yourself out there to meet a companion. Anyone would be fortunate to have you as a friend. You just start as a friend.
I tell Kim to think of this in her future as well.
I know it's easy for me to say. But, I am studying Medical terminology. I always try to move forward and I never give up.
I believe in my heart and soul, it's a journey. i try to cherish everyday and practice gratitude.
Love you, Leslie