Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sisters,
Rarely do I use the address "Sisters," so listen up. I had a revelation on awakening this morning about our blog. Three years ago, we experienced the blog work for us. Seems it's working again--although we're missing Kim. My thought this morning is this: For me, the blog was, and is now, associated with the single purpose of losing weight--with the added plus of us being in regular touch. It never occurred to me to let the blog support me/us in what comes next--not slipping backward!

So I want to propose--and would need your active "yes" votes for it to work--that we decide now, in advance of reaching our optimal skinniness, to endow the blog with the power to help us afterward, to expand its meaning.  You know those moments, after you've lost the weight and are feeling good in your body, when you start eating an extra this and more of that because it feels like your thin body has plenty of room? Feels like a second piece of pizza won't matter? And then you start having a second piece on a regular basis? And, continuing to use pizza as a prime example of a slippery slope, then it bumps up to a third piece? And then the pounds start coming back on?

Looking ahead, I KNOW I need the strength of the blog to continue "after." And it would be helpful to know you're "down" with this too so I can rest easy knowing a safety net--our blog--will be there when I get all skinnied-up.

What say you?





No comments:

Post a Comment