Camille! Leslie! How great to go to Sisterland and see posts from both of you.
Camille--Don't be "scared," sis. "Starting over on Monday" is, no doubt, putting it extremely. A few days of laxity definitely isn't a slip back to the beginning. Maybe it's not a slip at all. Maybe your body needed the joy of being with the double A's.
Leslie, the bridge over the bay. How great that sounds to me. Wish I were walking it with you. In September, I hope!
As for me, I recall writing something like this 3 years ago--I still can't believe it's been 3 years. Who needs a scale when you have one inorganic breast side-by-side with an alive one? Not until they match, not until the "real" one shrinks, will I be where I want to be. (A big compensation for receiving a second cancer diagnosis and having 7 hours of surgery is that the reconstructive surgeon asked me if I'd like to change my breast size. That was a surprise. Didn't know I had a choice. The reconstructed breast won't be able to gain or lose weight, he told me. So I said, "Yes, B-cup, please.")
The bulge of my upper stomach--the one above my waist-is my other "scale." Not until it's gone, will I be at the leanness I want. As for the lower stomach--the one below my waist? Hopeless. My stern teacher in acceptance.
Kim? Hello? Are you there?
No comments:
Post a Comment