Friday, August 9, 2013

SOOM
In our pink cloud phase--which went from May to Thanksgivingish last year--Kim would pepper her conversations about healthful cooking with the acronym "EVO." She'd say things like, "Add a little EVO and you're done!" EVO rolled off her tongue as if it were as common an initialism as OMG or LOL or IMHO. In other words, how could I not know what EVO means? Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Kim told me. The holy grail of healthful oils. She had to tell me a few times more before I could remember it. The holy grail of healthful oils. 

I suggest herewith to my blogmates our very own acronym, one that, at least for me, is apropos at the moment, for this, our grey cloud phase. The acronym is SOOM. Starting Over Once More. 

Yes, that's what I'm doing. This is SOOM III for me so far this year.

No sugary foods for 4-5 days now (I'm maximally squirming). Green drinks back. Building up to a quart of filtered water a day. Beginning to re-read my nutrition notebook from last year and getting excited again about gifting my body with high-nutrient foods. I'm particularly excited about two treats that are new to me and, thankfully, do not reside in the cake and cookie section: Goji berries and pomegranate seeds, which I want to add as a boost to my fruit protein smoothies. (Downside on the Goji berries: Whole Foods sells them for $33/pound!)

Any of you want to SOOM with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment