Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The 500th Post
What the past month has proven beyond a doubt is that the heart of our blog's vitality lies in the active presence of all of us. The sum is greater than its parts, in other words. The magic lies in the matrix.

So, as Storm Sandy recovery continues for two of our key members, we're clearly in a holding pattern. Leslie's assertion that she'll be back as soon as she can reassures me that resumption will happen. This helps me remain in stand-by mode.

My own last two weeks in California have been full of non-salt-water potholes, but potholes nonetheless. I'm noticing forgetfulness with respect to drinking my day's allotment of water; the opposite of forgetfulness regarding sugar, and one lonely push-up since November 28. Oh, did I mention sugar? Overeating it, in fact?

Note to Kim:  Want to buddy up until Leslie and Camille rejoin us? You've been mighty quiet over there in the Northeast, little sister. Maybe you need me as much as I need you right now?

Love & looking forward to Post #501,
The Professor

1 comment:

  1. It's such a slippery slope as even grocery shopping is hard to fit into the regular schedule. Disagreement with my tenant which was soooo..stressful. Col was pushing negotiation type stuff. I'm sticking with straight up truth. In the end, no hard feelings. She is going to pay the additional monies and hopefully get it back. In the meantime I have to be there at 8 am tomorrow. I have translated my list to speak to the spanish men. So, I just ate popcorn -- totally emotional. I'm so worried this weight will come back. Hope all is sell. Carpe diem!

    ReplyDelete